Wednesday, September 07, 2011

39 Weeks


Not too much to report this week, which is strange, as we are so close! The doctor today reported no changes from last week but that everything is looking good – Natalie could arrive any day.

We have observed that Natalie has begun to drop. I’ve felt added pressure as she moves down, and Taylor and I both have observed that my bump is lowering. So…we’re getting closer!


We've begun to do the final preparations before the baby comes. This includes stocking up on frozen Trader Joe's meals (just in case!), triple checking the hospital bags that have been packed for weeks, and setting up the pack-n-play in our room which doubles as a bassinet. If you look closely in this picture, you will also see other baby essentials on my nightstand: prenatal vitamins, "What to Expect When You're Expecting," and lotion to hopefully prevent/minimize any stretch marks. :) I guess that sums up my nightly routine fairly well!

We’d really appreciate your prayers for us as we are about to embark on the journey of parenthood. Here are some of the specific things we’re praying about:

1. Continued peace about the process of giving birth

2. I have a friend who suffered a stroke at the age of 32 after giving birth to her third child. The Lord has so far protected me from anxiety about this same thing happening to me, and I pray that He will continue to do so.

3. Natalie’s and my health

4. That will be godly, loving parents

5. That I will go in to labor while my doctor, Dr. Beheshti, is on duty. She is wonderful – very relaxed and calming; friendly and down-to-earth. She really wants to deliver our baby, and we would be so thankful to have her at the hospital with us.

An update: the first picture that I posted last week will be in my professor’s textbook! We’ll be famous…to undergrads taking “Intro to Communication Disorders,” who actually read the text.

Random thought: Parenthood is our favorite television show. NBC’s website says, “A new season of Parenthood starts September 13.” Is this a sign?? Maybe Natalie will arrive on her due date!

No comments: