Natalie Jean arrived on Wednesday, September 21, at 4:34pm. She was 19 inches long and weighed 7lbs, 9oz. This video was taken today, and we love giggling at her little faces. She's still getting used to opening her eyes and adjusting to light, which you can definitely see in the video. The pediatrician assured us that most newborns are cross-eyed. :)
It was an incredible experience. For all of my anxieties about the timing and manner of her arrival, I wouldn't change anything about how it happened. I was induced at about 6am, and the doctor broke my water at about 10:30am. I didn't feel any pain until my water was broken, and then it was suddenly the most intense pain I had ever experienced. Due to being induced, the contractions came so quickly that they would actually overlap, and I had no break or rest. This was really difficult, going from zero pain to a "10."
I eventually gave up my hope of going without pain medication and said it was time for an epidural. I had been nervous that I would pass out during the process of getting it, but I was in so much pain that I didn't feel a thing as they gave it to me. And it was WONDERFUL. Ha. I am so glad I did it. I was so comfortable for the duration of labor that I didn't even realize I was ready to push. I pushed for only 5 minutes (Taylor took pictures of the clock to prove it!), and she was out - I couldn't believe it! It was such a blessing, as I had expected it to take much longer. I was very thankful for the epidural at that point, as I think that the rest I had for the previous 4 hours enabled me to push hard and quickly.
We were in the hospital for another 24 hours after they cleared Natalie and mama to go home. We are thrilled to be home and can't begin to describe all of the emotions that we are feeling. We are in love with this little one, and the bond is truly indescribable.
7am: Contractions are happening, but I didn't know it!
9am: Still not feeling any pain, so we played a card game.
She was just born!
Ready to go home!
When we arrived home, we saw that ALL of our bushes and shrubs had bloomed. It was incredible. Lantana, Texas ranger, and roses that had all been barren before we left were in full bloom. It was a beautiful way to feel God's blessing on Natalie's arrival to our home.
3 comments:
We were SO happy to see you guys had updated your blog! :) I love the sneeze in Natalie's video!! Really happy you guys are home and LOVING being parents so much. Hope you're getting your much needed rest! Love you guys!
yea! CONGRATULATIONS! thanks for posting pictures on the blog! What a great delivery and only a few pushes...wow, way to go!
she's adorable!
She's so beautiful!! I'm so happy for you guys! Glad you are having fun getting to know your little girl. And what an amazing story, friend. Good work! :) We can't wait to meet your sweet Natalie.
Post a Comment