Week 38! We've been laughing this week because we know we're technically "so close," and yet some how we don't quite believe it. A baby? Nah, I'm just going to be pregnant forever. It doesn't seem possible that in three weeks, our lives will improve so much! I use that previous phrase very intentionally...
...We hear from so many people that "things will never be the same," with an implied negative connotation, and then a quick comment like, "But it's wonderful." Interestingly, those comments tend to be from middle-aged men. On the other hand, our friends who are new moms are SO excited for us and simply glow when they talk about the delights of having little ones. Funny, isn't it, that the women who should be the most exhausted are the most encouraging. Of course we realize that things will change dramatically; that's why we waited 5 years to have a baby! But we also realize how blessed we are to be able to have children. We continue to pray for her and my health; those are easily taken for granted.
The doctor said today that I'm at 3cm! So things are moving along...I'm really starting to hope that she comes a little early. The idea of being able to bend over and reach my toes is very appealing at this point. :) I won't immediately mind the leftover baby fat, because at least it's mushy and will allow me to bend at the waist!
How I'm feeling...not that bad, really. I do have a little bit of sciatica, caused by the baby sitting on my sciatic nerve. But it's not painful and it doesn't affect me too much; I just experience some numbness/tingling in my right hip. It doesn't affect movement at all. Other physical symptoms include the inability to stay in one position for very long, whether that be standing, sitting, or laying down. I'm tired. And I've just started to experience the tiniest bit of swelling in my hands - only one of my rings currently fits. But really, I have very little to complain about. I'm still going for (SLOW) walks and staying relatively active. I feel really excited to meet this little person, especially as I can now so distinctly feel hands and feet. I have my emotional moments, but overall I think that's waned from a few weeks ago.
It was way too hot to be taking pictures outside!
2 comments:
Christine, what fun to read this post! you look great and I can't believe the time is already so near for your baby girl to come! Way to go on 3 cm :) Totally know what you mean about people giving negative connotations about how your life will change. Yes, it's different and draining at times, but ignore those negative comments because being a parent is the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced. She will bring so much joy to you and Taylor, and I have full confidence that you will handle motherhood beautifully. Can't wait to hear the news!
I laughed when I read your comment about middle-aged men; partly because its so true. I have this theory that some men still view raising their children as "babysitting" (listen to how some men refer to staying at home with their kids). That's why they speak forlornly about life past - kids have encroached on their 'play time'.
You, however, have been given an amazing husband who is looking forward to the whole of the parenting process. Absolutely life will change. But that's a good thing! Love you and see you soon.
Post a Comment