I had an appointment with my obstetrician today, and as promised, she said I would be induced if I make it to 41 weeks. She explained that this is because risks to the baby significantly increase after that time. I know various natural birthing experts will dispute this, but that was her explanation. Anyway, I go in to the hospital this Saturday morning for a fetal nonstress test, which is basically a 20-30 minute period where they monitor the baby's heart rate and movement to make sure she's receiving adequate nutrition from the placenta. This is entirely routine for an overdue baby. Then on Monday, I will go back in to see Dr. Beheshti, at which point I will likely be induced.
We'd like for you to pray that the Lord brings our baby to us naturally, without induction. I would prefer not to be induced because contractions are stronger under these circumstances. We also feel a bit like it is forcing Natalie out before she is ready, though she will certainly be viable and healthy. We also would like you to pray that God grants us peace and contentment no matter the circumstances.
Thank you for being with us on this journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment