Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New foods

Monday was my first day of school. I was feeling ready to go back, but now that I have all my syllabi, the weight of work is starting to settle on me. Since this is only the first week, I thought it might be one of my last weeks to really cook like I want to. I've been making meals primarily from the August 2010 issue of Bon Appetit, and I haven't had a bad one yet. Last night, I made a very unassuming side: Shaved Zucchini. But wow, it was amazing - and, best part for hot summer nights, no cooking required. Give it a try:

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2010/08/shaved_zucchini_salad_with_parmesan_and_pine_nuts

On to the next really good thing that I discovered: Haagen Dazs Five ice cream. It's made with 5 all-natural ingredients: milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and the flavor. No stabilizers or thickeners. I picked up Mint ice cream this morning and couldn't help but try it. WOW. It was unbelievable, as good as homemade ice cream. The texture was perfect. I'm looking forward to trying a few more flavors - and believe me, I will! Ginger is the next one on my list. As a way to get a few more scoops in, I added some to my coffee this morning, and I am in heaven. Try it!

No comments: