Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our Apartment: What it REALLY looks like


Our days tend to be fairly busy.  Weird busy, but still.  It's not like how I used to be busy, where I was constantly doing lots of different things.  Now I'm constantly tending to Natalie, feeding her, cleaning her, redirecting her, playing with her, etc.  So, I tend to ignore the mess that grows in our apartment during the day until Natalie goes to bed, at which point I dive in and make our space feel liveable for the evening.  It usually isn't a terribly long process, but it can be a little daunting.  Case in point:



I just had to share these, as I posted pictures of our apartment when it was nice and clean - and when Natalie was sleeping!  In these pictures, though, I haven't cleaned anything yet...so this is how things ACTUALLY look during the day.  I'm reminded of one of my posts a year ago in which I mentioned knowing that much of my organization will be out the window when Natalie arrives...yes, that was definitely true.  Actually, the funny part about these pictures is that most of the mess is mine...not Natalie's!  Her mess isn't pictured, except the tupperware on the floor. (Don't worry, I don't throw my tupperware in the air when I get frustrated. :)  I think I've gotten so used to her "play room" mess that it doesn't even register.

No comments: