Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Moments

Fierce :)

I can read on a raft, in my jammies.  Whatever.

I sure like to "sort" my clothes.

Oh mom.  Why do you like cuddling so much?

Yup.  I can read on a big tupperware too!

No one is sure how I got in here...

I know how to get in this chair, but how do I get out??

Mom is glad I don't know how to get out while she cooks.

Mom is also thankful that the oven doesn't get hot.

I saw Mom wiping the oven clean, so I'll do the same while I watch the cake rise!

Well hello.

Hm...we don't really look alike, do we?  A little?  I can't tell.

The main thing we are working on recently is Natalie's sleep cycles.  They are soooo crazy and unpredictable.  For the past month, she has gotten up every night at about 1am to eat a full meal with mom.  She hasn't done this since she was a newborn!  I honestly don't mind, as I'm barely awake, and we both go right back to sleep, but it's strange.  I know, I know...growth spurt!  The answer to everything. :)

She is also a completely inconsistent napper.  I partially blame church for this, hehe.  She is pretty consistent at napping in the morning, from about 10 to noon, plus or minus 1.5 hours.  Seriously.  And then maybe she'll take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon (from 3-6 the other day), or maybe she won't take one at all.  Bed time seems to be pretty consistent at about 7.  But often she'll roll around in her bed for 30 minutes, playing her music that is attached to the crib.  The pattern I've hit on this week is that she likes a nap in the morning, and then is giving up her afternoon nap.  No afternoon naps for the past three days.  Isn't that the opposite of every other child in the world??

I also wonder if she is weaning herself.  I do not like this, not one little bit.  As much as breastfeeding seemed so all-consuming and tiresome in the early days, now it's my chance to cuddle with Natalie for just a few times each day.  She has been very inconsistent about how much and when she wants to eat, both with me and with her solid food.  Luckily, I think I'm becoming a more adaptable mom and trying to just go with the flow instead of trying to figure her out, as I would have in the early days.  However, I really, really hope that we still have a few more months (at least) before she gives me up entirely. :)

Natalie can now stand on her own for about 30 seconds.  She's made several half-steps and lots of attempts, but we're not quite there yet.  I'm also fairly positive that she has two words - "Dada" and "Haya" (for Hallie).  It's pretty cute, how much Natalie loves Hallie.  Hallie, I think, is starting to feel the same way, except for when she gets unexpectedly scratched by Natalie.  No "mama" yet, other than for things that have nothing to do with me, but isn't that always how it goes?  :)

1 comment:

Lori318 said...

The picture of you "cuddling" (although that may be a stretch) is hilarious because of the look on Nat's face.