This has been a fun week of milestones for us! Our 5-week-old is accomplishing several new things. First, she is smiling a lot! It started about a week ago, and now we're pretty sure it's intentional. How fun is that! She loves smiling in response to Mom and Dad's faces.
Natalie is also turning in to a fantastic sleeper. During the day, she really only stays asleep if she's on Mom or Dad, but at night (drumroll please)...she's slept through the night TWICE! On Oct. 24, she slept from 9:15pm to 5:30am, and the next night, she slept from 10pm to 5:15am. It's probably a fluke, but it was still pretty wonderful. Both mornings she went back to sleep for several hours, until about 8am.
This girl loves to play on her changing pad. We get so many smiles and happy time while she lays here. I can eat breakfast and make faces at her while she lays here, and she is just thrilled.
We also figured out how to get Natalie to enjoy her bath. We put a warm wet cloth over her belly, and instant happy baby. All the veteran parents are going, duh...but we were pretty proud of ourselves for figuring that out. :) Next goal: how to get Natalie to love her car seat!
Natalie continues to be awesome at tummy time. Yesterday she pushed her chest off the ground from about 5 seconds and watched us. She kicks so hard sometimes that I swear she'll be crawling in a few months. :)
As we all knew he would be, Taylor is an amazing dad. He loves this little one so much, and he misses us a lot while he's at work. He always hopes she'll wake up earlier in the morning so he can get some play time in.

1 comment:
SMILES!!! How fun. I am loving SS's smiles too.
I smiled at the warm washcloth trick - glad you figured that out. :) Isn't it funny how universal these tricks are? We all figure them out.
Did you wake up confused wondering what time it was when she slept through the night for the first time? I love that feeling - "I feel so rested....what time is it?!?!?" Hope shines through the sleepy haze :)
Post a Comment