
It's an exciting time for us - just a few weeks left until we meet Natalie! I had a doctor's appointment today, and we learned that I am already 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Woohoo! My doctor assured us that it doesn't mean I will go in to labor early; however, she did say it's a good sign that labor will progress easily and well. We hope so!

In order to celebrate all of our hard work around the house and for baby Natalie, Taylor and I went to Flagstaff this past weekend. It's about a 4.5 hour drive from Tucson, and the weather is about 30 degrees cooler. It was wonderful! We weren't terribly concerned that I would go in to labor, but just in case, we brought the car seat and a bag packed for bringing baby home from the hospital. We keep looking at each other and saying, "This is real! We're going to have a baby!" Sometimes it's still so hard to believe.

Northern Arizona History Museum
We did a few short, easy hikes, and we went to a museum of Northern Arizona history. We explored Northern Arizona University, where it so happened that the AZ Cardinals had preseason training. And of course, we ate at recommended restaurants and had some of the best chilaquiles either of us have eaten.

Matt and Alex accompanied us on our trip, which made it that much more fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment