
Just got back from my most recent doctor's appointment. No changes, but all is well! I am feeling mostly good. Definitely more and more tired. I'm up about 3 times/night now, and I really don't understand how it is possible that I have to go to the bathroom that often. Natalie's acrobatics are still so much fun to watch and feel, and continue to be mostly painless.
Below are some of the pictures from our rearrangement/redecorating/remodeling projects. I promise, the baby's room is almost done and pictures are forthcoming. But in the meantime, here's some of what we've done.

We moved Grandma Jean's desk out in to the main area. It makes me happy to see it daily, instead of hidden in the (formerly cramped) guest room.
We now have a little music corner to the left when you walk in the front door.

Here's what you see when you walk in the side room, which is where we spent the bulk of our energy. Notice the hack job that I did to the formerly ENORMOUS rubber tree. I've cut it back several times, and it bounces right back, stronger than ever.

Left side of the room. Hallie still has her domain on that particular couch.

The reason we did all the redecorating was because it was time to get rid of the ugly gold-flecked tile ceiling. We also had a feeling it might have been asbestos tile. It's probably impossible to tell from these pictures, but we had the ceiling drywalled, and then it and the walls were textured to match the rest of the house. What fun is remodeling without also rearranging, so of course we decided we needed to do some of that. I think the only things we bought were the curtains, the paint, and a $10 table from Ikea. I guess the fan is new, too, but we bought that 8 months ago with the other two matching fans that are in the kitchen and "music area." :)

Right side of the room.
We're really pleased with the changes - the room is so much more livable, especially for larger groups of people.
2 comments:
I LOVE all the changes you've made!! Looks so great! I especially love the curtains!
I cannot believe the rubber tree - that thing was 5 feet tall!
I love the music room - and the side room looks wonderful. I'll be there soon! Love you.
Post a Comment