Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Happenings




This vase was a gift from Sarah to me for my birthday - I love it!

It's been awhile since I've blogged. It's not because I've been too busy; I think I just wanted to keep Maggie at the forefront for awhile. I still miss her.

But many good things are happening here. For one thing, it's finally gotten cooler. It's still about 85 degrees, but the 55 degree nights sure are nice.



Here's my garden, about a month after my first picture. It's doing well, as long I'm diligent about scaring off the caterpillars. Okay, okay...I kill them. With insecticide. Forget the stupid organic garden stuff. :)


And here's the salad I ate tonight that is solely greens from our garden!


And the dogs...most of you know that life is never dull with them. Lizzie had a "relapse" (#3) a few weeks ago, and then had some major digestive issues. I'll be polite about it :) Turned out that she had worms. I was just happy to have a diagnosis and a cure for that particular issue, no matter how gross it was. She's been very spoiled recently, on a diet of chicken, rice, and Pedialyte.


This was the beautiful birthday cake Taylor got for me. Our Bible study helped us eat it.

We miss you all! Come visit any time, especially while the weather here is so nice!


No comments: