Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Philadelphia

Taylor I traveled to Philadelphia last weekend so that I could attend the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) convention, and so that we could visit Taylor's brother Pete and his 6-week-old son, Silas. I loved being at the convention: I learned a lot, and I had the opportunity to interview with three different companies.

Several girls from the program attended the conference.

We were very tired all weekend! Early mornings, late nights, busy days, and the challenge of navigating the Philadelphia public transportation system all pointed to the necessity of coffee.

Silas - isn't he the cutest baby?

I won an iPad while I was there! I couldn't believe it. I entered a drawing and actually won. Now I just have to figure out how to use the thing. The girl in the middle interviewed me for a position with the company.

For most of the long weekend, we stayed with Pete and Summer. Heather and Josh came up too, and Heather and I attended the convention together on Friday. I love my in-laws. :)




No comments: