Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In Memory of Maggie


The Allen family dog, Maggie, died in Ohio today. She was almost 17 years old. She was our only dog, and I think she waited to go until she knew that Sarah, Andy, and I each had our own dogs to love. Some of my favorite memories of her include:

Picking her out as a puppy in rural Ohio
Watching her terrify little Andy with her antics
Seeing her wait patiently for the mailman, the UPS man, and our neighborhood walker, Al
Getting her back after she spent the night on a house boat 45 minutes away from our house
Feeding her milk from my cereal bowl every morning
Watching her tear up Christmas wrapping paper
Her sitting with me during the angst of high school years

She had a good life and was a great dog. I will miss her.

3 comments:

Lori318 said...

I miss her alot.

Meg and Gee said...

We'll all miss Mags. Such a great dog! :-)

Sarah Cleghorn said...

I miss Maggie today. Isn't that weird?