Sunday, September 24, 2006


On Friday evening, Taylor and I drove about an hour south to Nogales, AZ, a city right on the border of the US and Mexico. It was settled before the border was created, so one living in Nogales might be a citizen of either country, depending on where you live.
We went to Nogales because my housemate from Wheaton, Jane, was home for the weekend. Jane's parents have been medical missionaries there for over 20 years. On Friday night, we crossed the border for some authentic Sonoran tacos. This picture of Jane and I was taken Saturday morning in one of the farmacias (pharmacies) on the Mexico side. You can see lots of vanilla in the background - something that I was happy to purchase! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Juanis Chanis said...

hey, i posted that picture too...:)

R said...

I love you girls! It makes me happy to no end that you had a mini-reunion on the border. You're in my thoughts! Taylor too!