Tuesday, October 09, 2012

The Allens' Visit

Both sets of parents consecutively came to see Natalie the week after her birthday.  Natalie had a great time with all of them!  She loved her new toys, but even better, she loved spending time with her grandparents.

 She also learned how to use an iPad :)


Okay, so this looks PATHETICALLY sad.  I did not realize this in the moment.  Let me explain: 1.) This is the do-over for her original birthday cake.  2) The original was a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting that she smeared delightedly all over her face.  However...we didn't get any photos of it.  3) And worse, the videographer (yours truly) missed the first half of the original event!  4) I tried to post the other video here but there were some weird issues with it that I have yet to figure out. Will work on that soon.  5)  It was late on the night we did this "do over," and I wasn't sure I wanted her to have frosting so close to bed time.  (I'm the meanest mom ever!)




 However...I'm pretty sure she loved the pumpkin-sage bundt cake with maple whipped cream.  I know we all loved it. :)




1 comment:

Sarah Cleghorn said...

Are Mom and Natalie wearing the same shirt?