It's a beautiful Saturday morning in Tucson, and I've decided to share some thoughts rather than simply posting a picture. We've been watching the news and hearing stories about snowfall around the northern areas of the country, and we (even Taylor, who loves the winter!) couldn't be happier to be in a climate where October to May is absolutely lovely. Temperatures have averaged in the mid-eighties for the last week or so. It certainly doesn't feel like October!
Life has been full for us, in a good way. Not to the extent where you're exhausted, but to the point that you feel fulfilled. I auditioned for the Catalina Chamber Orchestra last Saturday and was shocked to get a paid position in the first violin section. I really wasn't expecting to get in; it was more of an experience for me because I was to audition the following Tuesday for another orchestra that I did expect to get in to. But, thanks be to God, we'll have just a little extra income, and I'll get to fulfill that nagging itch in me that misses playing with an orchestra.
We've been trying to find a church that we like, a task that I'm sure a lot of people can identify with. We had been attending a Presbyterian church but for various reasons don't think it's for us. Recently we've been attending a really neat church similar to Church of the Great Shepherd, the church we attended in Wheaton. The music is incredible; they have a classically trained choir, and on the first Sunday of each month, an orchestra plays a Mozart, Bach, etc. mass throughout the service. It is so cool to hear those pieces in the setting that they were intended to be in! We've also really enjoyed the services and feel that they both encourage and challenge us to follow Christ in a deeper way.
We love and miss everyone; we hope you come visit if you're able.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay for orchestra!
A little late, but, "Gasp!" (tee, hee!:)
Post a Comment