Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gardening

I've realized that I will really miss caring for my outdoor plants and gardening when we move.  


I love this stage of cactus growth.  I will particularly miss cacti - they are so amazing; looking so stark, but producing new little paddles and gorgeous blooms each spring.

I've become a believer in roses.   I never quite got what all the fuss was, until I saw our climbing rose bloom for the first time this spring.  Wow.

 This planter that my mom put together for us is filling out beautifully.

 Love my garden.  It looks wild here (and looks even crazier now), but I tend to love this stage.  I like seeing what veggies look like when they flower.  The arugula has the coolest vintage-y looking flowers, and the cilantro (the biggest plant in the picture) fragrance filled the air.

Atomic red carrots.  These things are so cool.  And delicious.

No comments: