Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our little babbler


Well, I am realizing that it will not be long before Natalie is able to get in to everything!  Case in point: I left her for a few minutes in the family room with the video camera safely out of reach - or so I thought!  When I returned, I found her delightedly sucking on it.  I also realized that clean laundry is just too tempting to leave it alone, stacked in such neat piles.  You can see what happened:







Natalie's personality is coming out in such a fun way.  She is laughing all the time.  She experiments with her voice, attempting to sing and to mimic our voices.  She even imitates words - it takes me aback every time she does it.  For example, when I pointed out a butterfly, she immediately responded, "Da da dai."  Her pitch and prosody vary dramatically.  She can squeal and protest, and her use of consonants is exploding.  It is so much fun to see this little girl develop!  She rolls all over the floor, when she wants to, and she is just beginning to sit independently.      

Natalie weighed in today at 14lb, 13oz (24th percentile) and 26.5 inches long (75th percentile).  Long and skinny: lucky girl!




No comments: