Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Five Months Old



When I look at Natalie, I see in her the many blessings in our lives given to us by the Lord.  I am so thankful for our little one.  I have no profound words to describe the depth of my gratefulness, other than that I am thankful.  She brings so much joy to our lives and fills a role that we didn't know was absent in our family.

The feelings of love and joy I have for Natalie are so deep that I cannot bear to hear about hardships on any other children.  I can't read horrifying news stories that I used to peruse with casual shock; I can barely look at the headlines.  I can't watch television shows in which children are hurt.  I cannot imagine the pain I would experience if my own child were in any comparable level of distress.

As long as I have Taylor and Natalie, I am happy and content.  Everything else is peripheral.

Below are some pictures of our first "hike" at Tumacacori, an old mission south of Tucson.  We walked around the church, and then we hiked along the river.  Natalie wasn't quite sure how she felt about being in the carrier, but she loved looking around at all the new things.









A pillow was eventually placed under her legs :)





2 comments:

Heather said...

She's getting so big!! We can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!!:) ....by the way.... I love the far off 'I could pose for J.Crew' look of one of her pics:)
Oops! I did it.... We're excited to also see you guys too! Told you that would happen.:)

Heather said...

She's getting so big!! We can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks!!:) ....by the way.... I love the far off 'I could pose for J.Crew' look of one of her pics:)
Oops! I did it.... We're excited to also see you guys too! Told you that would happen.:)