Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas is Coming!


Another one of those accidental flash pictures.  So funny.  She sleeps in her swaddler and every night, and it appears to really help her sleep well! 


She wasn't too happy in this picture, but she made a valiant attempt at rolling over.


What is Natalie looking at?


At Hallie!


Natalie loves Abby, and Abby loves Natalie!


This was wonderful - she fell asleep under her gym for about 45 minutes.  As good of a (night) sleeper as Natalie is, she fights it.  We have to work to get her to fall asleep and stay asleep once she's in bed.  Her falling asleep on her own was very exciting to me.  Last week I did some experimenting to see what kind of routine Natalie would naturally fall in to, and the answer is: you never know.  She appeared to have a great routine at the beginning of the week, and then she totally did something different on Thursday and Friday.  It was a bit frustrating.  She may take 0 naps or 3 long naps during the day - you never know.


An attempt at getting her to lull herself to sleep.  Didn't work on this particular day.


I took this picture so that you can see how long she is.  Long baby!


Right after a bath, which she now loves.


And getting in to warm clothes, which she loves even more!

Natalie is also really good at spitting up, which I don't think I've talked about on this blog.  Sometimes I wonder if she retains any food at all.  Some days it's more minimal, and other days it's just constant chunks (gross, I know).  Also gross: Hallie has learned that it's very beneficial to her to follow Natalie around when she's spitting up.  As soon as she hears me say, "Oh no!" due to regurgitated milk on the floor, well, Hallie knows what to do.

Our 12-week-old little one continues to be very sweet-tempered.  She is so smiley and responsive.  I'm guessing one of the reasons she doesn't like the car seat is because it's boring back there.  If I sit back there with her, she usually does okay.  Yesterday she yelled all the (5 minute drive) way to the grocery store, but once she was in there, she was enamored with all of the interesting things to look at.  She smiled at strangers and got lots of great reactions.

No comments: