Tuesday, July 26, 2011

33 Weeks

I’m going to do my best to post regular updates to this blog, as we begin the countdown to baby girl’s arrival! A lot of people ask how I’m feeling, so here are some details:

Physically:
Overall, I feel good. I get tired quickly and easily, so I am learning to take it easy – MUCH easier than feels right. I’m so prone to being tasky and getting things done, and leaving a task unfinished in order to sit down for 30 minutes feels almost wrong. But, if I don’t do this, my back punishes me for the rest of the day. So, I sit. :) I’m reading a great book entitled “State of Wonder” by Ann Patchett, if anyone’s looking for a good read.

I also can’t eat that much. I think because baby is sitting straight out in front of me rather than making me wider, I really feel it in my back if I eat too much. There’s not a lot of room for my stomach to expand, so I try to eat less than I want to.

I continue to walk 2-3 times a week in the mornings and to do my prenatal workout video for toning. “Workout” is a rather misleading term, as for about half of the video I’m sitting in a chair! Ha. But the workout was specifically designed for the third trimester, so I should enjoy it while I can.

Emotionally:
I’ve always been a relatively steady person emotionally. The third trimester has changed that! Up, down, anxious, excited, sad, thrilled…let’s just say I’ve become a big believer in the effects that hormones can have on a person. Oh, and this is a huge transition – guess I can’t blame it ALL on hormones. :) We are so thrilled and excited, especially as the big day comes closer. But there are also a lot of unknowns at this point…what will labor be like? Can I handle it? Will the baby be healthy? Will she let us get any sleep? Will she like me as she grows up? (getting ahead of myself…) I do daily try to give these things to the Lord. Take them, please!

Things that have made me cry in the last 5 days:
-Reading “What to Expect When You’re Expecting”
-Thinking about how much Taylor and I love this little girl
-Listening to GT and the Halo Express CDs
-Looking at Taylor and my baby pictures
-Having girls at my baby shower pray for us and for our little one
-Realizing what an amazing man Taylor is

That’s a lot more crying than I’m used to! It’s not that I feel sad;; I’m just emotional. It’s a good thing to be sensitive. And it’s preparation for the major mood swings I think I’ll probably have once baby girl arrives!

Reasons my husband is wonderful:
-He lets me sleep with 4 of the 5 pillows on our bed :) I don’t think that leaves him with very much space!
-He lets me turn the AC as low as I want it. Recently that's been 76 degrees, a good 4 degrees lower than usual.
-He gives me back rubs
-He talks to our baby all the time!
-He has been SO patient, kind, and understanding regarding my emotional ups and downs (I hate to call them mood swings, but okay, if the shoe fits...). I couldn't ask for more.
-He'll do anything I ask him to.
-He still doesn't think I'm "milking it" (being pregnant) as much as I should be, despite me feeling like I am.

All in all, life at our house is very, very good. We are so excited to meet Natalie!!

No comments: