Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today, at the elementary school where I work twice a week, one of the preschoolers asked me an unintelligible question. He has a pretty significant speech sound disorder, and I couldn't understand him.

"Can you say that again?" I asked the 5-year-old.

"Ah oo weyna?" he tried once more.

I looked to his third grade sister for help, and she sheepishly said, "He asked if you are pregnant."

I started laughing; "Yes, I am!" I exclaimed. Who would have thought that the first person to ask would be such a little person? Perhaps it's because his head only comes up to my belly. Either I'm starting to show more than I thought, or this is one intuitive kiddo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. They're amazingly perceptive, aren't they? I was always surprised what didn't get by my first graders!