Monday, June 10, 2013

Living and Active

Have I ever had doubts about my faith?  Of course.  But here is some pretty amazing proof that the Word of the Lord is living and active:

Deuteronomy 30:6
“The Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.” 

Could there be a more perfect verse for our family right now?  I know my heart is being emotionally circumcised, as I feel the pain of waiting for Julia and wondering about all of the unknowns...and yet also knowing that this suffering draws me closer to the Lord.  I wouldn't trade that for anything, I really wouldn't.

As for Taylor and my descendant, Julia, her heart will be physically cut and reshaped, and I am so looking forward to seeing how she lives her life, dedicated and consecrated to Christ.

No comments: