Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our big news!


Our big news in the last few months is that I am pregnant!  We are very excited to welcome baby #2 some time around July 22, 2013, which makes me nearly 18 weeks pregnant.  I am finally feeling better, which is a relief.  Being pregnant while having a toddler is definitely different than the first time around.  I also feel "more pregnant" now than I did at the same time with Natalie.  The midwife I saw said it best: after the first pregnancy, you feel 4 weeks later than you actually are...and I definitely feel more like 22 weeks than 18.  And it's been that way pretty much since the beginning!  I am starting to feel the first flutters of the baby moving, so that is pretty exciting.  We find out if it's a boy or girl on Wednesday, Feb 20...so stay tuned!


For comparison's sake, this was me at 17 weeks pregnant with Natalie...my belly is much more of a bump this time around.  I may not look that different to some of you, but with Natalie I could still fit in my regular clothes at this time (and did for several more weeks)...with #2, I've been in maternity clothes for weeks now!


This is another good friend who I am very thankful for: Beth, and her son Wes.  She has three older kids, too, but just the two of them visited us last week for lunch.  Natalie jumped on Beth's lap as soon as it was time for them to go and wanted to be read to!  She's a good staller. :)


No comments: