We had the pleasure of going to Corolla, NC, in the Outer Banks for a week with Taylor's family. We had such a great time, and we were so pleased to show Natalie the ocean for the first time in her little life!
So, Taylor and I are a little crazy...or maybe just I am crazy...but Al and Deb flew in on Friday night, and we made them wake up at 3:30am to get on the road! I'd experienced the crazy traffic jams on the bridge across the sound from the mainland to the OBX, and I knew that neither I nor Natalie nor anyone in a car with Natalie would want to be stuck for hours in traffic. So, we left early, and we beat the traffic! Bonus: we got to try Bojangles, an apparently Southern fast food restaurant. Not bad, if I do say so myself...the Cajun filet was a winner :) Anyway, this photo was taken at 6am at Bojangles. Notice our roof rack/pack...
Natalie loves bananas...and now she loves eating them directly, instead of cut up chunks :)
Aunt Heather and Natalie got along great!
Pete, Summer, and Silas, soon to be joined by Isaac!
Wild woman! We had to wear these purple bracelets in order to have legit access to the beach.
Grandpa teaching Natalie the virtues of Orangina.
The Soundside pool was a great place for us to do some swimming, especially with Natalie's short attention span.
The Keenes
We bought these great float for Natalie; she loves it. She really loves being in the water.
Last day! Trekking to the bookstore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Natalie and I can be "banana buddies"--I eat a banana almost every day at 10am!
So I tried to comment a minute ago, and it came up as "unknown." Anyway, the previous comment belongs to me, Ames!
Post a Comment