Monday, January 30, 2012

Rolling Over


She did it!  And she's been doing it ever since - trying to roll over in her seat, on her changing pad, and while being held.  The big day was this past Saturday, under her activity gym.  The photo above was taken right after.  She was proud - and so were we!  



I love the sequence of photos below - it illustrates how curious and aware she is becoming.  So much fun.






Our fancy baby :)



I think this could be an ad for Nalgene.


Overall, we are doing really well.  This is my fourth week at work, which is hard to believe.  The time is flying.  I'm finally starting to feel like I get the routine of getting Natalie ready for the day when I'll be gone.  It doesn't feel quite so daunting, or like everything is going to fall apart if I forget something.  Work itself is great; I really enjoy what I'm doing (working at the University, treating adults who have had strokes).

Natalie is still not crazy about going to sleep.  We've modified our cry-it-out routine based on what we think are her cues.  Sometimes she just really freaks out, and no amount of letting her work it out herself soothes her to sleep.  Thankfully, she's going to sleep within 30 minutes or so of beginning her bedtime routine, for the most part.  However, I'm not sure she's fallen in to any patterns, or even done the same thing twice.  It's a good thing for this rule-oriented mama to learn flexibility. :)

I think I'm really learning to enjoy the moment.  I'm often thinking ahead, but you can't necessarily do that with a baby.  I'm realizing how much I enjoy certain tasks that I used to rush through, just to get them done.  Like gardening, for example.  I love it, and I so enjoy the time I get to be outside.  Whereas I used to rush to finish things so I could get to my down time, now I try to enjoy each task that I do.  I'm thankful for good weather, for a happy baby, and for just enough time to do what's essential.

No comments: