Yesterday in church we sang a song by a band called Gungor, entitled "Beautiful Things." I love this song. Its simple lyrics and passionate melody remind me of who I am in Christ. But, in a few months, I will be taking on a new role: a mother. I can't say I've thought very deeply about all of the ramifications of becoming a parent; rather, I'm just in awe of the miracle that is occurring within me. This reminds me that life is indeed a miracle and is, on the whole, a beautiful thing."You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You"This part of the song inevitably makes me think of our little girl. While the song is about redemption in Christ, I can't help but take it literally and think of creation and of the miracle that occurs daily as our little one grows. Christ is the source of all good and beautiful things, and that gives me hope amidst the chaos of our world. I cannot wait to meet her. She is already a blessing to her parents.26 weeks
Here's the song, if you're interested:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqy1a_Gz0zQ
Speaking of beautiful things, here's a recent picture of my garden. Every time I look at it, I can't help but think, "Miraculous." Beautiful, delicious things out of dust. Each plant is bursting with varieties of tomato, pepper, eggplant, and squash. We haven't picked too many yet, save for a few cherry tomatoes, but the time is coming!

3 comments:
Hey, nice garden--sounds like you've got the makings of some garden-fresh ratatouille! :)
Aw, I love this. I'm excited for you and Taylor to experience the love and joy that is to come. And I can't wait to meet your little girl! I hope she has your hair! :)
Sweet post, and you're SO stinkin' cute pregnant :)
Post a Comment